' rel='shortcut icon'/>

Amber Alert

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Dates set for CVSA Roadcheck 2007

It’s time to mark your calendars – the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance has announced June 5-7 as the dates for this year’s International Roadcheck inspection blitz.

The annual clampdown on heavy trucks and buses will involve an estimated 10,000 federal, state and provincial officers doing roadside inspections across North America.

At last year’s Roadcheck, about 8,500 certified CVSA inspectors in North America conducted 60,357 truck and bus inspections in 72 hours. Inspectors placed 5.6 percent of those drivers out of service, up from 4.4 percent in 2005. More than 57 percent of the cases where truckers were put out of service were because of hours-of-service violations, according to a report from CVSA.

Well I guess it is that time of year again. Time to renew those CVSA stickers LOL! Or is it time to request time off?
I myself have been out of the truck for the last 17 months for a injury, but will be returning the 23rd of this month! So looks like I get to go play in all that mess also.

I don't mean to sound like I am bashing these DOT, I really am not. I am glad to see it come every year. I mean as long as you try to run at least log book legal and are not out there doing drugs and driving a tractor trailer, what's the big deal?

It takes about 30 minutes to go through a CVSA check point, and then you are good to go. Just think if there was not anyone out there doing this to make sure these trucks are legal. It would be a very scary trip down the road.

Good Luck to all of you!

Thanks to Land Line Magazine for this reminder

0 comments: